Why Choose Groups?
We know that in can be tough for some individuals to be comfortable joining a group. However, there are so many fantastic benefits associated with attending group sessions.
- Groups can provide a sounding board for your thoughts and feelings.
- Hearing from others who have similar experiences can help you to know that you’re not alone.
- Group members can hold each other accountable and can motivate one another.
- Sharing with others is part of the healing process.
- Attending a group can help you to feel less isolated and improve social skills.
- Sharing similarities amongst group members can offer a sense of community.
- Observing groups provides the group coordinator the opportunity to observe how each individual interacts, and provide helpful feedback.
Thunder Bay Counselling offers a variety of groups that are at no cost to you. Keep checking back here for information on upcoming groups.
Watch for upcoming 1 day in-person groups Spring of 2024: January, March and April.
CHOICES is a free social skills program for youth aged 12-17. Sessions begin Tuesdays from February 6th to April 16th.