Thunder Bay Counselling welcomes volunteers and recognizes the valuable contribution they provide to our organization.
We are now accepting volunteers for the Winter/Spring sessions of the CHOICES Program.
CHOICES is a free social skills program for youth aged 12 – 17. CHOICES encourages youth to think and act positively, and feel more confident. Volunteers participate as role models, supporting youth to find the right direction in life. For more information on the CHOICES Program, please view the program description on our Child and Youth section of the website.
CHOICES is suited to volunteers who can commit a few hours a week to a ten week program and can attend mandatory training on Saturday, January 25th, 2020, from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Volunteers must be 19 years of age or older, and be willing to provide police vulnerable sector screening. We have day-time and evening opportunities available:
- Tuesdays, February 11th – April 21st, 2020, 10:30am to 1:00pm (no session March 17th for March Break)
- Wednesdays, February 12th – April 22nd, 2020, 11:00am to 1:30pm (no session March 18th for March Break)
- Thursdays, February 6th – April 16th, 2020, 5:30pm to 9:00pm (no session March 19th for March Break)
Spring Sessions *new dates*
- Tuesdays, April 7th – June 9th, 2020, 10:30am to 1:00pm
- Wednesdsays, April 8th – June 10th, 2020, 11:45am to 2:15pm
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the Volunteer Application. You will be asked to provide your name, contact information and availability, as well as the names and contact information for two references (telephone number and email address).
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Thunder Bay Counselling! We look forward to providing you with a valuable experience.