View/Download Full Description
Thunder Bay Counselling is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Intake Coordinator.
An Intake Coordinator plays an important role in supporting clients to access our services. The Intake Coordinator works with staff across the organization as well as workers from other community organizations to support service navigation and enhance access for those who would most benefit from our programs and services. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, a passion for the mental health and well-being of people in our community, strong coordination skills, and expertise in engaging people from diverse backgrounds.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to screen for intimate partner violence, male sexual abuse, substance use and mental health
- Experience collaborating and liaising with community organizations to support access to services
- Understanding of Indigenous culture and history with awareness of culturally respectful services
- Training and experience in crisis intervention, including assessing for risk of harm to self and others
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset
- A Bachelor level degree in social science or equivalent
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Two (2) years of experience working with clients with issues associated with mental health, substance use, violence and/or trauma
Wednesday, March 23, 2023, 4:30 pm
Submit Application to:
Riya Choudhary, HR Intern