A 5-Part Series for Board of Directors
Presented By: Diane Walker, MSW, RSW, PhD
BUILDING BETTER BOARDS FROM PRINCIPLES TO PRACTICE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- New or returning board members
- Anyone interested in board governance
- Executive Directors/Senior Managers
- Excellent opportunity to orient new board members
- How does a Board lead an organization without getting involved in day to day operations?
- What is my role as a Board member?
- What is the role of the CEO/Executive Director?
- How will I know if the organization provides quality products and services?
- What authority do I have?
- How do I assess organizational risk?
TRAINING SERIES INCLUDES:
- Orientation to Good Governance: Principles of Good Governance = Quality = Outcomes, Authority, Accountability October 13, 2021
- Governance - Policy in Action: Monitoring and Managing Organizational Performance, CEO Board Relationship, CEO Performance Reviews, Board Performance December 1, 2021
- Governance and the Strategic Plan: Balancing outcomes with strategy in the pursuit of sustainable excellence January 26, 2022
- Governing for Quality Services: How to govern for quality without getting into operations March 23, 2022
- Risk Governance: protecting and sustaining organizational capacity in both governance and operations May 4, 2022