We’re here for you. Helping you take care of your health and wellbeing.
While COVID-19 presents challenges and changes, Thunder Bay Counselling continues to provide counselling and support services to our community.
We understand that mental health and wellness is being impacted and our services are available to help those in need of support.
Although we are not available to provide face-to-face services, we are offering support remotely through phone, video, and online counselling.
Update (May 21, 2020): On May 14th, Premier Ford announced stage 1 of re-opening Ontario and is permitting specific in-person health services, including counselling, to resume as long as health and safety conditions are met. While we move towards meeting these health and safety conditions, all of our services will continue to be available virtually for new and existing clients through phone, video call and online services. We will continue to do our part in flattening the curve and keeping our staff and clients safe. Updates to our services will be posted when changes occur.
All our programs and services are open with the following changes to help keep Thunder Bay well:
- Regular hours have been adjusted to Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm with evening appointments available.
- All services are offered by phone and video call or online platforms.
- Walk-in Counselling is now offered as Talk-in Counselling and is open 5 days per week.
- Drop-in and entry group services are available by phone.
- Financial Counselling services are available to help you understand and access COVID-19 financial supports and payment relief options, and to work with you to make changes to your budget.
- Training and workshop solutions are available to workplaces and organizations through virtual delivery.
- The Rapid Access Addiction Medicine (RAAM) Clinics are operating and continue to serve the community. Individuals looking to book an appointment please call: (807) 626-8478.