Full-time Employment Opportunities (2 Positions)
Thunder Bay Counselling is seeking applications for two full-time summer positions for individuals interested in the
opportunity to gain skills and work experience.
Thunder Bay Counselling is a community-based, not-for-profit organization that supports individuals in our
community who are facing issues associated with mental health, substance use health, trauma, gender-based
and intimate partner violence, sexual assault and abuse, financial concerns, and life transitions. We provide a
supportive working environment with opportunities for learning and growth.
About Thunder Bay Counselling
Thunder Bay Counselling provides counselling, education and support services to help people make positive changes in their lives. Our clients are from diverse backgrounds and cultures. They are men, women, children, youth, seniors, couples, families, employees and employers. Thunder Bay Counselling offers excellent group and time off benefits.
This position will be responsible for assisting with a variety of administrative activities to support our programs and services. This will include greeting and assisting clients and visitors, receiving phone calls, entering data into client databases, participation in promotional activities and providing administrative support to staff providing direct services to clients. This position is appropriate for individuals wishing to develop their skills in client service, communication, digital skills and teamwork.
- Post secondary education in progress or completed in business administration or related field
- Customer service experience
- Administrative experience in a professional office environment
- Experience using data systems and Microsoft Office Suite
CHILD & YOUTH WORKER
This position will be responsible for providing support and assistance to all of our child/youth focused programs and staff. This position is appropriate for individuals wishing to develop their skills in the provision of social services to children/youth, communication and teamwork and who wish to gain experience in working in a community-based social service agency.
- Post secondary education in progress or completed in a social services program
- Experience working with children and youth
- Knowledge of the issues impacting children and youth in our community
- Awareness of community resources available to children and youth
- $18.00 per hour plus 10% in vacation pay and in lieu of benefits
- Employment period is May 20 to August 31, 2024
- Monday to Friday 35 hours per week