February 28, 2019
6:00 – 9:30 p.m.
Thunder Bay Counselling
$40 per person
safeTALK is an alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 15 to become a suicide-alert helper. Through words and actions, most people with thoughts of suicide invite help to stay alive.
Governance Training Session
Wednesdays – in October, November, January, March, May
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Insight on Memorial (594 Memorial Avenue)
Presented by: Diane Walker, MSW, RSW, PhD
Single Session: $75 per person
Full Series: $300 per person
- October 10, 2018 – Orientation to Good Governance (Principles of Good Governance – Quality = Outcomes, Authority, Accountability)
- November 21, 2018 – Governance – Policy in Action (Monitoring and Managing Organizational Performance, CEO Board Relationship, CEO Performance Reviews, Board Performance)
- January 16, 2019 – Governance and the Strategic Plan – (balancing outcomes with strategy in the pursuit of sustainable excellence)
- March 20, 2019 – Governing for Quality Services – (How to govern for quality without getting into operations )
- May 8, 2019 – Risk Governance – (protecting and sustaining organizational capacity in both governance and operations)